Korea HapKiDo Federation
Benefits Of Hapkido
The World's Oldest & Largest Hapkido Organization Officially Endorsed By The Korean Government
Welcome to the Korea Hapkido Federation. My name is GrandMaster Jae Whan Lee, and I would like to tell you a little about why we are undisputedly the World's #1 Hapkido organization.
THE TRADITIONAL KOREAN MARTIAL ART OF HAPKIDO
The schools of the KHF teach the classical form of Hapkido which is often more effective than martial arts like Aikido, Judo or Karate because is uses both the hand and foot techniques in combination and is easier to learn because of our documented curriculum and standards.
The history of Hapkido dates back over 2000 years ago when it was first used by Koreans to defend their country against invaders. Since then Hapkido has evolved into something more than self defense, exercise or even a sport. Because it is a philosophy of self-improvement, self-control, and respect for others it has become a dynamic way of life.
Hapkido has become popular world wide since the 1960’s when American servicemen brought it back from Korea. Hapkido has become so popular and accepted that it is practiced in 116 countries.
Hapkido, is Korea’s effective dynamic self defense art. Our Hapkido instructors are fully certified and licensed. If self defense is one of your reasons for joining, then Hapkido is a great choice. Non-lethal personal protection for yourself and loved ones is one of the primary reasons adults around the world have started training in Hapkido.
The KHF has branch schools world wide. Today we have over 10,000,000 active students, all being taught by our trained and certified instructors. All schools are directly affiliated with the world headquarters in Korea and use our official training program. You can be assured that at a KHF school you are getting the Best training available because of our experience, qualified instructors and organizational stability.
ACHIEVE PHYSICAL FITNESS AT ANY AGE!!!
Our unique program is the best self-defense program available, helping you achieve the highest level of mental and physical health and conditioning.
A KHF program is unsurpassed for getting you or your child in top shape. Regular training here will:
* Improve athletic performance by improving conditioning and reflexes. You’ll be able to do any activity longer, faster and with more power.
* Increase strength. Our unique techniques and exercises will make you physically stronger and tougher. Many everyday tasks will become easier to do because of this increase in strength.
* Increase Endurance. Your body will become more efficient from your first workout on, and the longer you work out the more efficient it becomes. You’ll enjoy your life more because you will have more energy and vitality. You’ll just simply feel better.
* Increase Flexibility. Flexibility will occur naturally due to the stretching movements that are done in each class. Flexibility is important because it helps and prevents lower back problems.
* Improve Appearance. Regular exercise firms and tones muscles, burns more calories, and helps reduce your appetite. These factors will give you a trimmer, firmer, and healthier appearance.
* At the same time that you are learning self-defense, you will look better and feel better. Isn’t that incredible?
ACHIEVE MENTAL FITNESS
In addition to all the fitness benefits you will receive, your Hapkido workout will enable you to develop confidence, improve self esteem and reduce stress and tension. As you develop your self defense skills you will be able to cope with daily problems and situations. The sense of accomplishment and pride that is developed will carry over to every aspect of your life. You will look different and feel different about yourself. Additionally, you will be expanding your knowledge base by learning and mastering the ancient skills of Korean martial arts.
BENEFITS TO ADULTS
The physical fitness and mental benefits are applicable to all students, but adults obtain unique and special benefits from our program:
* Regular exercise will make you look better, feel better, and live longer. Our program includes exercise that will firm and tone your entire body - particularly the hip and thigh area. Korean martial arts are famous for their dynamic kicking techniques, which naturally provides a heavy concentration in that area. The aerobic component of each class with help you control your weight by burning extra calories.
* Most people think of self defense when they think of martial arts. They aren’t aware that martial arts training is an ideal way to get in shape. After they discover the overall conditioning effect, they begin to understand that martial arts offers extraordinary value and advantages that cannot be achieved from the more traditional methods of getting in shape; for example - health clubs. Here, while you are experiencing an improvement in fitness, you also are learning new skills which impact all areas of your life. At the same time it is an economical and efficient use of your time. While others are pursuing their fitness activities, you will be getting in shape and learning self defense - All at the same time!
* The discipline, concentration and physical skills that you will gain will lead to greater self-confidence and self-esteem. You will have the self-assuredness to cope with the hassles and aggravations that can occur in today’s hectic, frustrating and sometimes dangerous society. This “New You” will result in a more capable, “together” person, at home, at work and at play!
BENEFITS TO CHILDREN
Self defense is often the 1st reason why parents enroll their children in Hapkido arts. It should be the last. Martial arts is more than a course in kicks and punches. It can be a catalyst to promote confidence, goal orientation, calmness and concentration. Furthermore, today’s children are the most poorly conditioned and out of shape segment of our population. So when a child participates in our program they learn at an early age that regular exercise should be a lifetime experience, not just a temporary fad. The increase in health and confidence leads to a more alert confident child, this is what helps them get better grades in school. Because martial arts students are able to focus better, thus becoming attentive and absorbing more of what the teachers at schools say.
I cannot imagine a more wholesome, safe, drug-free environment than in our schools - building muscles and character with instructors serving as positive role models. You will know what your child is doing and where they are at with our program. Your anxiety and worry will be replaced with the comfort of knowing that your child is learning valuable skills that will make them happier, healthier and more successful in life. Learning self confidence, self-esteem and self-respect.
Child Developmental Psychiatrist, Nancy Holland: “All children should study martial arts because it is a practical course in assertiveness. They learn how not to be bullied, but also why not to be a bully. A child’s confidence from self-defense training also gives them a more secure sense of identity and helps them become leaders.” She also said that: “Loving parents are beginning to place their children in year round martial arts training because it has distinct advantages over team sports and other youth activities. In a martial arts program everyone gets to participate. Developing at their own pace with No concern about riding the bench or making the team. While some girls will develop balance and fluid movement from Dance class or gymnastics, boys and girls both can learn this from martial arts. Plus dance and other youth activities cannot offer the practical advantage of self-defense training.” We also like to add to her comments that Hapkido class is NEVER boring. They will get a chance to learn new techniques in each and every class!
We all want the best for children. There is no better investment that we could make for our children than enrolling them in a wholesome program like this one. I think that is easy to see.
BLACK BELT CURRICULUM
Unlike school not affiliated with the KHF, the instructors in our official directory use our training curriculum that is approved by the world headquarters in Korea. You will be proud to be training at one of the few schools in the nation to have fully licensed, certified instructors teaching the official requirements. This factor is what separates our schools from every other school. Our program was developed by the world headquarters in Korea and includes all the techniques and training that has been passed from Master to Master for over 2000 years! Each unique class session is designed to teach new Advanced techniques, building on the strong foundation of practice and review of previously learned information. We are able to take a new student through all of the beginner and intermediate belt levels to Black Belt and Beyond at a comfortable yet challenging pace. This pre-planned, comprehensive curriculum, a KHF exclusive, will ensure that the student receives the highest quality instruction available.
During the intermediate belts, you will learn advanced self-defense skills. The kind of skill often taught to Police and Special Military Forces such as defense against multiple attackers and weapons. You will learn about pressure points and moves that will help you counter even attacks with clubs, knives or guns.
You will also begin to learn more about the history, philosophy and traditions of Hapkido for a total mental and physical development.
HOW DO YOU GET STARTED?
Becoming A Black Belt Is One Of The Most Coveted Titles In The Martial Arts World…. And It Can Belong To You!!!
I personally invite you to join one of the outstanding schools found in our directory.
Jae Whan Lee
Executive Director, KHFThe Korea Hapkido Federation offers the best in Hapkido training world wide. To begin enjoying the benefits of Hapkido we recommend that you join a school near you. "Click Here"
Copyright 2003. Korea HapKiDo Federation. All Rights Reserved.
"Click here" to register for our FREE Hapkido E-Newsletter.